"The sharp knife of a short life

I've had just enough time..."


- "If I Die Young" The Band Perry


I see Beauty in many things. And like the ghosts that only speak to you if you notice them, they tell me wondrous tales. With my camera and my thoughts, I captured these as faithfully as I can to share with you. And by doing so, they gave me the reasons. And though the thousand reasons may not all be sweet and some indeed bitter; they are still reasons to live. Come to think about it, that is Life, isn't it?

Monday 5 September 2011

The World Has No Need of Another Peacock.



I've had just enough time...   to accept me for what I am.


Taken on top of Maxwell Hill



 "Dear robin," said this sad young flower,
"Perhaps you'd not mind trying
To find a nice white frill for me,
Some day when you are flying?"

"You silly thing!" the robin said;
"I think you must be crazy!
I'd rather be my honest self
Than any made-up daisy.

 "You're nicer in your own bright gown,
The little children love you;
Be the best buttercup you can,
And think no flower above you.

 "Though swallows leave me out of sight,
We'd better keep our places;
Perhaps the world would all go wrong
With one too many daisies.

 "Look bravely up into the sky,
And be content with knowing
That God wished for a buttercup
Just here, where you are growing."

"Discontent" - Sarah Orne Jewett





I learn to appreciate
What I am.
A tiny flower
With a tenacity to grow
On hard surfaces.



2 comments:

  1. Chang Ching 之前讨论过,这应该是火炭母的一种。

    Jimmy Chang Thanks! From your Chinese name, I'm able to get this - Huo-Tan-Mu,the aerial part of Polygonum chinensis L.(Polygonaceae),is a traditional medicine for the treatments of dysentery,diarrhea,swollen sore throat,

    ReplyDelete
  2. case as well awesome regarding terms! :)
    best wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...