"The sharp knife of a short life

I've had just enough time..."


- "If I Die Young" The Band Perry


I see Beauty in many things. And like the ghosts that only speak to you if you notice them, they tell me wondrous tales. With my camera and my thoughts, I captured these as faithfully as I can to share with you. And by doing so, they gave me the reasons. And though the thousand reasons may not all be sweet and some indeed bitter; they are still reasons to live. Come to think about it, that is Life, isn't it?

Saturday 13 July 2013

The Eternal Beauty (of the Himalayas) - Yang Jima (央吉玛)


I've had just enough time to...   be amazed by the songs of the Tibetan Highlands

Taken as the sun rises over the Himalayas

Adam Lambert gaped in amazement and a smile spread across his face as he listened to her sing. When she finished, he clapped “Beautiful, it was so angelic. You’re so grounded in energy, focused. It was beautiful. I love it.”

Turning the white hills to gold

They heard the bells on her before they saw her. When invited to sing, she sat cross-legged on the floor and imbued the room with the ring of tiny cymbals tied to her fingers. With her first note, she transported them to a strange land far away in a language they have not heard before. She was unlike any they have ever auditioned.

Illuminating its beauty and majesty

When asked about the meaning of the song, in a gentle voice she said – “The summits of the mountains are white, covered with snow. When the golden sun comes out, it shines upon the mountains turning the white into gold. And the people look at this and pray. Pray that this beauty will last forever. That is why the song is called – The Eternal Beauty.”

Yang Jima (央吉玛) sings The Eternal Beauty 


While the valley sleeps peacefully below...

Her name is Yang Jima (央吉玛 yangjima), a member of the Chinese ethnic minority tribe – Menba, that lives in Tibet in a region straddling the Himalayas. She was auditioning for the 2013 Chinese Idol. Taught to sing by her grandmother, she aspired to bring the songs of her native lands to the world. In the next round, together with 3 others from different ethnic groups (You Yunfu of Hui, Ah Lai of Kazakhstan, Hu Sileng of Mongolia), they formed the “Tribal Group” each bringing their distinctive ethnic flavour and gave the most fantastic performance ever by a group in an Idol competition. Listen to them singing Coco Lee's "Thinking of You 365 days" 想你的365天 and be amazed how they take a modern song and enriched it with tribal flavor.

p.s.: Go to Youtube and see if they all made it to the finals.

The "Tribal Group" singing their hearts out in Chinese Idol 2013


This is the song of the highlands



9 comments:


  1. 1000 Reasons
    This shot was taken in the Himalayan Highlands in Nepal just as the sun rises turning the snow white mountains into gold. It was an awe-inspiring sight and you felt something deeply spiritual gazing at this majestic mountain range. For some reasons, I never thought to share these shots until I listened to the sweet voice of Yang Jima who transported me back to the time when I like those who viewed the mountain with awe and love in the song prays that this beauty will last forever.

    1000 Reasons
    I will encourage you to visit the youtube link in my blog to hear her sing. She not only has a remarkable voice but also the 'feel' and the means to transport you to her native land.

    BD@Mona
    Beautiful view and compo !!!

    Eyemdreaming
    very inspiring

    ineedathis
    Majestic mountain capture!
    Have a great weekend dear friend.

    ShambLady
    this is breathtaking.................

    ReplyDelete

  2. Ricymar Photography (Thanks to all the fans!!!!) added this to his favorites
    ΞSSΞ®®Ξ added this to his favorites
    SoulRiser added this to their favorites

    1000 Reasons
    I took many photos especially the last few years as I journeyed through Life. And when I remembered a particular shot due to some connections or inspirations, I will search for it and write something about it to share my thoughts and feelings. I usually know which photos I will probably use in my blog one day but when is that day, I’ve little idea except when I willed it. This is one example when a song inspired me to look for the photos I shot when I visited the Himalayan Highlands.

    1000 Reasons
    With 3 new friends from 3 other different ethnic minority tribes, they formed the "Tribal Group" and gave the most outstanding performance I've ever heard in a singing competition. You will not be disappointed to follow the link in my blog to her them sing and wowed the judges and sudience.

    ShambLady
    the light on top of the mountain is awesome, and I just love this scenery!

    ReplyDelete

  3. Heniusia
    Ah what a magnificent and impressive sight of the mountain and the LIGHT on the top is pure enchantment....!

    tsoilanc1
    Great landscape shot!

    Craig Stevens
    Very pretty scene

    狂野的男人
    There is a Chinese saying sound like this"the mountain is not old, for who his hair turned gray?"青山不老,为谁白头?

    狂野的男人
    Great timing to catch this amazing moment.

    henrhyde (gill)
    Grand presentation of this image -- love the magical light --will load song !

    狂野的男人
    Their voice are really amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

  4. october blue
    A wonderful view of beautiful light on the majestic mountains ! Your excellent photo allows us to see and feel what inspired the lovely song by Yang Jima . I was so very impressed by this young singer on the youtube video .....her expressive voice ....charming costume and musical instrument .....gracious personality and stage presence . Her song did transport me to a faraway place ....and it touched my heart deeply . Thank you for the wonderful image and posting on your blog ...it brought joy and inspiration to my morning ! Great work, my friend :-)

    SolarScot.
    Amazing looking place

    Onasill~
    Superb view with exceptional colours and details. A beautiful image. My compliments Thou

    The Visual Poet
    Amazing photography my friend!

    oola *
    there's something about mountains.. and each is actually different from the others... and the awe... the awe they can inspire... getting close and in them... it only gets bigger (the awe) ... especially as you traverse the different seasons...
    I worry about our wild spaces in the US... they keep being encroached upon... and about our urban youth... so many whom, I have learned , are afraid of a farm or the woods... perhaps as afraid as I am of the urban environment...

    ReplyDelete

  5. Heniusia
    Magical....!

    bloodybee
    such a gorgeous view!

    狂野的男人
    The blue river, the golden mountain and the tiny human's houses, I saw peace and harmony. Very beautiful shot my friend.

    october blue
    Wonderful color, light and feeling a peace ....an absolutely beautiful view !

    Onasill~
    A stunning view of the valley with the village the the mountains beyond. A wonderment of beauty.

    oola *
    the music is wonderful.. had to call my son (a musician) to come hear it... lovely

    ReplyDelete

  6. Adventure George
    Your photo SCREAM 0F THE PH0T0GRAPHER !!!
    Thank you for sharing with us

    Nuno-Gomes
    Your photo SCREAM 0F THE PH0T0GRAPHER !!!
    Thank you for sharing with us

    Jaime Villaseca
    I agree, Excellent Artwork!
    An excellent photo!
    Click The Camera Group

    BlueLunarRose
    Thank you for posting this wonderful photo and making me smile!
    Life is Beautiful ♥
    Thank you for sharing it in "Life is Beautiful ♥" group!
    We look forward to seeing more of your beautiful photos!

    Yasmin de light
    Thank you my dear friend Thou for your patience and kindness and for bringing this awe inspiringly and eternally beautiful mountain to me.
    Your gesture reminds me of the quote
    "If the mountain won't come to Muhammad ....... " Ref: en.wiktionary.org/wiki/if_the_mountain_won%27t_come_to_Mu...
    - but with a slight variation ..."If Yasmin can't make it to the mountain, the mountain must be brought to Yasmin" ..... ha ha and I am so pleased you did and shared your beautiful spiritual experience with me. What a glorious sight that I hope will last forever too. And such moving and soulful singing by Yang Jima that seem to trigger goosebumps and tingles down my spine. It's wonderful to know that you are doing Qi meditation and your inspiring description reminds me of why I need to get back into meditation too.
    Currently, I am still mostly off flickr - but still looking in now and then and trying to catch up at a slow pace that I am most comfortable with - that is why I haven't been uploading much. However, whenever I get the chance to see - I am always delighted see your new uploads in your stream - because they are always full of great beauty and meaningful, deep substance. I wish you a very lovely and happy weekend and week and a very uplifiting, enlightening and liberating experience through your meditation. : )

    ˙ ♪ Claudio Lara ✔
    Fantastic...Love this color

    Yasmin de light
    Absolutely gorgeous and breathtaking Thou. I love the golden tones created on the mountains by the sun. And that winding stream leaves me mesmerised. Just wonderful my friend : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work Thou San!! ;-)

    Greetings from the Netherlands,
    Gert Jan

    ReplyDelete

  8. ˙ ♪ Claudio Lara ✔
    Fantastic...Love this color

    Steve Taylor (Photography)
    The light is perfect

    William/Galt0719 5 days ago | reply
    seriously wonderful

    娜 娜☂Nana_Slowly catching up
    Beautiful View and very spectacular!
    The Eternal Beauty....
    I can feel the music gave me tranquility and When I see the beautiful scenery.

    Niagara Moon
    Seen at the group:
    artland

    Geo_grafics
    Looks like the top of the world ;)

    ShambLady
    still enjoying this awesome one, and want to wish you a fabulous weekend!

    Steve Taylor (Photography)
    An amazing sight

    娜 娜☂Nana
    Fabulous Shot...Stunning Place and Awesome view!

    bzwill
    Wonderful photograph, beautiful level of contrast & saturation you have used

    Geo_grafics
    Diggin the full on view !
    Very nice ;)

    ReplyDelete

  9. BlueLunarRose
    Beautiful and magnificent, a wonderful scene of these mighty mountains, how tiny the village looks against them, fantastic capture Thou!!
    Thanks for your kind visit!

    Eyemdreaming
    Enchanted land...mystical mountains.
    Your descriptions and stories are always interesting and a pleasure to read.

    Anna Kwa
    Stunning scenic capture and a magical light! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...