"The sharp knife of a short life

I've had just enough time..."


- "If I Die Young" The Band Perry


I see Beauty in many things. And like the ghosts that only speak to you if you notice them, they tell me wondrous tales. With my camera and my thoughts, I captured these as faithfully as I can to share with you. And by doing so, they gave me the reasons. And though the thousand reasons may not all be sweet and some indeed bitter; they are still reasons to live. Come to think about it, that is Life, isn't it?

Wednesday 18 July 2012

Why Did The Monkey Cross The Road?




I've had just enough time to...   see the monkeys crossing the road.


Taken of the monkeys crossing the road on my return journey from Lake Chini, Pahang


Why are the monkeys crossing the road?
Because the first monkey did

Why did the first monkey cross the road?
To get to the other side

But why did it want to get to the other side?
Because it wants to cross back from where it came from

But why did it cross in the first place?
Now that is a very profound question that philosophers have been trying to decipher for centuries. They even compared monkeys to chickens but found nothing in common. The chickens cross the road because they are chickens…

And?
The monkeys cross the road because they are monkeys.
Man crosses the road because…







4 comments:

  1. ...because he's compelled to follow his curiosity?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A 1000 Reasons
    Before I knew better, they told me that “why did the chicken cross the road?” is a profound philosophical question. And to my limited wisdom, I could not figure out what is the catch behind it. Now, why did the chicken… On my way back from remote but spectacular Lake Chini (will share its beauty in some future posts), I decided to take a road less travelled just because it is there. On a quiet stretch, I saw a line of monkeys crossing the road and that question immediately popped into my head and I know I have a story there. I stopped my car far away and cruised my car and adjusted my zoom till I was at the optimum distance without disturbing the monkeys. The monkeys of course knew I was there. Some hurried across. Some doubled back. But when they saw I was stationary at a safe distance away, they continue crossing until I’ve to start driving again as I saw in my rear view another approaching car… So go and find out if you don’t “why did the monkeys cross the road?”

    ★Nikita_70 added this photo to her favorites.
    Fun picture and an interesting question too! I would suggest they were either looking another place where they can find food or were looking for another place to live (or both), which would prove the scientists right in that they crossed the road because they are up to some monkey business :)

    ★ineedathis added this photo to his favorites.
    What a great shot! that reminds me of the Canadian Geese crossing the road,
    the whole family of more than 10,
    Well I count 14,
    Have a great Wednesday my friend!

    ★ΞSSΞ®®Ξ added this photo to his favorites.
    God questions... And curios to see the answer! But I will make my question: why is there a road in the land of monkeys?

    Miguel A. D.
    Una gran edición, con una estupenda composición fotográfica.
    Saludos .

    ★october blue added this photo to their favorites.
    A wonderful shot ...so full of life and interest ...great capture !
    And if you happen to know what came first ...the chicken or the egg ...please tell us that answer as well :-)

    ~Blue'z Voice
    to get to the other side?

    brdonovan
    the curiosity is just too powerful.
    very engaging imagery. i like
    ★brdonovan added this photo to his favorites.

    Ana Librillana
    Fantástica!!

    henrhyde (gill)
    Beautifully captured.
    The eternal question--What came first ??
    Grand image.

    ★Steve Taylor (Photography) added this photo to his favorites.
    That is something I have never seen before

    The Visual Poet
    Excellent and interesting capture!

    Sunciti _ Sundaram's Images + Messages
    Now , May I Put Up A Question?
    Do You Know Why People Also Cross The Road?
    Because Their Forefathers Did The Same.
    Fore Fathers ?... Who... Are They?....My Friend , Are In Plenty Even Today...What....?
    Please Have A Re Look At Your Image...
    Well done My Friend. Have Happy Days.

    ho.ge
    hehe, a wonderful scene!
    Maybe the monkeys ask: Wy do the cars cross our road?
    ★ho.ge added this photo to her favorites.

    MAMEDE HARFOUCHE
    HAVE A SPLENDID TIME AHEAD, Thou.
    KISSES AND PEACE.
    الله أكبر * " ALLAH HU AKBAR! "
    This photo was invited and added to the PHODDÁSTICA!!! ® group.

    "Chuck"
    And I love this capture as well. Thank you for your kind comment and seeing the world through the not so critical eyes as my own. When I listen to your words,..somehow you make me less judgemental of my own work and more appreciative that I have friends like yourself and that I am allowed to see life through their images. I have learned more than you will ever know by just looking at your work and listening to your thoughts.

    MAMEDE HARFOUCHE

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...