"The sharp knife of a short life

I've had just enough time..."


- "If I Die Young" The Band Perry


I see Beauty in many things. And like the ghosts that only speak to you if you notice them, they tell me wondrous tales. With my camera and my thoughts, I captured these as faithfully as I can to share with you. And by doing so, they gave me the reasons. And though the thousand reasons may not all be sweet and some indeed bitter; they are still reasons to live. Come to think about it, that is Life, isn't it?

Wednesday 25 July 2012

Pretty Geese On The Way To Market




I've had just enough time to...   see pretty geese on the way to market


Taken on the way to work one fine morning


One fine morning on the way to work
I saw three geese riding on a truck
That is nothing strange
Till they started talking
And I could understand what was said

“Yahoo! It is fun riding on a truck”
The others agreed in splutter and gurgle
“The kind farmer is giving us a ride
To the market in this fine pick-up truck”

“What is a market?” One asked
“It is what we live for, what we eat for”
The farmer told us “You’re such pretty creatures.
Raised to be admired.”




“Look at the poor guy at the wheel”
And they babble and blabber and blather
“He has to work to live because he is ugly!”
And they chatter and prattle and tattle

Then the light changed
And the truck moved and the geese
Were on their way and they called out
“Bye bye ugly, go to work!”
And their laughter echo all the way to the market…





4 comments:

  1. A 1000 Reasons
    One morning on the way to work, my car stopped behind a pick-up truck carrying a few geese that kept bobbing their heads up and down from their cage. This is not a very familiar sight in the city and I wondered where the geese are heading. Probably to the market. And I’m heading on the way to work.

    ★ΞSSΞ®®Ξ added this photo to his favorites.
    super cool angle and pov. great light and mood

    brdonovan
    ah, to be naive again...
    ★brdonovan added this photo to his favorites.

    henrhyde (gill)
    Grand capture and words.

    Sunciti _ Sundaram's Images + Messages
    Our Dear Friend,
    PLEASE BE OUR GUEST, JOIN ME IN AN EXITING EVENING WITH "Y A N N I" THE ENTERTAINER EXTRA ORDINARE....HERE IS YOUR PASS...JUST CLICK..

    THE SHOW IS ABOUT TO BEING , HURRY....NOW....
    A WARM WELCOME AWAITS YOU......Sunciti_Sundaram

    henrhyde (gill)
    Great image and humour !
    Brightened your day !

    ★i_still_believe_in_u added this photo to their favorites.

    A..C..S.. Um trabalho Genial... Bem-Haja por estar desse lado…Tenha um bom dia…Sinceros desejos deste seu Amigo…
    (A Fantastic job ... Well there be for being on this side ... Have a nice day ... Sincere wishes of your friend ...)
    ************************* PENSAMENTO DO DIA, PARA UM DIA MELHOR ************************
    ***"A história é um romance que aconteceu; o romance é a história que poderia ter acontecido."***

    MAMEDE HARFOUCHE
    HAVE A GREAT TIME AHEAD, Thou.
    KISSES AND PEACE.
    الله أكبر * " ALLAH HU AKBAR! "

    antonè.. new summer look ;-)
    Mio caro Thou, spero tanto che quelle oche che tu hai visto a bordo dell' auto stiano andando al mercato solamente per fare una passeggiata!!!!
    Ho paura che il contadino le voglia lasciare lì, magari dove si vende la loro carne:-)))))!!!
    Ciao, un caro saluto anche dalle mie oche
    QUà QUà !!!!
    (Thou my dear, I really hope that those geese that you saw on board the 'car are going to the market only for a walk!! I fear that the farmer wants to leave it there, maybe where they sell their meat :-)))))! Hello, a greeting also from my geese Here, here!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. María Digital
    Parabéns!
    Esta foto foi vista no PHODDÁSTICA!!! ® Private Group
    Congratulations!
    This photo was seen in the PHODDÁSTICA!!! ® Private Group

    Ana Librillana
    Excellent capture!

    ♥♥Ever-Green Veronica♥♥
    Good evening Dear Thou.... at last we are back home.... no place is better than home....
    I missed many of your pics and nice stories.... but I will catch up....
    hmmmmmmm these geese are so sweet... & they do not know what is expecting them....
    Hugs my friend... I will come back soon for a trip in your album/blogs.... :-) :-) :-)

    ★♥♥Ever-Green Veronica♥♥ added this photo to her favorites. (
    Thank you Dear Thou......... It was good staying on the hills, especially for my husband... at least he could breathe well .... his heart is doing better every day....
    I am happy to be back .... I much appreciate your kindness.... :-)

    ★Steve Taylor (Photography) added this photo to his favorites.
    It does look a fun ride

    ★娜 娜☂Nana added this photo to her favorites.
    雖然我不是很懂英文...翻譯出來的結果也很奇怪...
    但是我可以感覺的到,你很注意生活週邊的小細節: )

    ★Nikita_70 added this photo to her favorites.
    they seemed to enjoy the ride from the looks of it :) very random too, i like it!

    ho.ge
    Maybe they headed for a market and than - we mustnot say this to the geese, !never! - in a cooking pot! oh no..........
    ★ho.ge added this photo to her favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...