"The sharp knife of a short life

I've had just enough time..."


- "If I Die Young" The Band Perry


I see Beauty in many things. And like the ghosts that only speak to you if you notice them, they tell me wondrous tales. With my camera and my thoughts, I captured these as faithfully as I can to share with you. And by doing so, they gave me the reasons. And though the thousand reasons may not all be sweet and some indeed bitter; they are still reasons to live. Come to think about it, that is Life, isn't it?

Sunday 1 July 2012

The Wedding Part I – The Early Birds & Here Comes the Bride.




I've had just enough time to...   attend a wedding


The Wedding was held in in the Anglican Church St. Thomas Cathedral, Kuching, Sarawak.


Several months ago, in my last trip to Kuching before this one; I remembered an early morning conversation I had with the bride. We talked at length on many subjects including her coming wedding and she asked “You will come, ya?”

And I replied “Sure, and I will bring along a couple of loaves of bread.” For all I know, I may be the only wedding guest in the world to bring along bread as a gift to the bride on her wedding day. But it has significance for both of us but we will leave that a secret for now.



We were not the only early birds to flew here for the wedding.


Some of the early birds taking their seats waiting for wedding to begin.


I am no wedding photographer and I am not going to compete with those professionals doing a professional job. But I will share a few photographs that a professional photographer may not make. This is not my regular post but then that was not my regular day for I don’t normally attend weddings unless they were for people very close to me. So enjoy the photos that you may get if your professional photographer for the day could not make it.



The Pros at work.


The cover says it all - Love Rules.


Here comes the bride!


Ah..., a scene warm enough to melt any frozen heart.


Here is to you - Charles and Ai June. May you both always carry the eternal flame.
Watch out for Part II in a couple of days :)







8 comments:

  1. A 1000 Reasons
    I attended a church wedding recently which is kind of rare for I usually give weddings a miss unless it is for someone close. In fact, I avoided one to attend this one. And I've not attended that many church weddings, more often I just go for the dinners which are usually a drag. But this one is special - it is nice! I use simple words as I don't want words to get in the way. It gave me a warm feeling and that needs some doing for this old sceptic. There were many wedding photographers at the wedding and they were crowding round the couples so I hang back and shoot things others are not shooting. It was a surprise that I got a open view to shoot this one. Go to my blog to see those shots that a wedding photographer is unlikely to make.

    ★Nikita_70 added this photo to her favorites.
    Those are some really lovely images! I hope you enjoyed the wedding!

    Amg80
    Very beautiful so sweet

    ★ineedathis added this photo to his favorites.
    Wedding are always beautiful to attend to, especially the ceremony,
    I can still remember mine after so many years, the brides dress is very beautiful!
    you certainly started with a favorable photo,
    Btw I like the part about the Comet:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ★jacqui 006 (catching up) added this photo to her favorites.
    Very nice shot.

    MAMEDE HARFOUCHE
    HAVE AN INCREDIBLE NEW WEEK, Thou.
    KISSES AND PEACE.
    الله أكبر * " ALLAH HU AKBAR! "
    This photo was invited and added to the PHODDÁSTICA!!! ® group.

    Kathy_9
    Lovely shot.

    monsieurlazarophotographies
    Wonderful scene!!

    lōve Śpell *
    very nice picture !!
    such an inteserting details !!
    loved your difrenent sence of atmospher !!
    welldone and a great job !

    sarniebill1.
    Parabéns!
    Congratulations!
    This photo was seen in the PHODDÁSTICA!!! ® Private Group

    ★ΞSSΞ®®Ξ [:D on vacation! :D] added this photo to his favorites.

    GPMTZ
    This beautiful chapter has been seen in WRITTEN PAGES.

    ★F l S f a h .. ❥ and dodagp added this photo to their favorites.

    dodagp
    Neat and colourful image perfectly framed,Thou !!!!
    Her wedding dress is so beautiful with the rich train !!!! Love this very special and characteristic scene from the ritualistic procedure of the wedding as well as the rest of the related shots posted on the delightful space of your blog.All of them strikingly represent the holy moment and carry brilliant hopes for the future of the couple.Nice to see stuff that others aren't normally shooting as you say,my friend.Concerning the loaves of bread as a gift to the bride,I am not surprised at all as I know that it is a great,great symbol for the occasion and to be honest I would offer her bread along with a bottle of sweet red wine ... Stay well,my friend !!!

    ★prometheus_bd added this photo to his favorites.
    Wonderful wedding shot.. you probably got it before the priest could utter "I now pronounce you..... "!!
    ¸.•*´¨´¨*•Admired in the group flickr ♥♥♥ friends
    Thank you for sharing with us!¸.•*´¨´¨*•

    antonè
    Carissimo Thou,
    complimenti per la bellissima immagine di questo matrimonio!!
    In tutto il mondo ci sono usanze diverse ma anche quì in Sardegna si usa dare agli sposi un cesto con dentro degli alimentari, il pane il vino, e anche della frutta!!
    Ti mando un caro saluto;-))))
    Anto

    ♥♥Ever-Green Veronica♥♥
    Good evening Dear Thou..... I like this photo of the wedding in church..... very fine and elegant .... I think your photo is beautiful .....
    Wow... regards gifting the loaves of bread..... I am happy you remember your traditions.... In our region.... usually the bride's future mother in law used to donate... a little pack of oil, vinegar and salt ... but no longer used (as far as I know).... I think it is wonderful not to forget our traditions....
    Thank you so much for sharing and have a good week ahead... xoxoxo

    ♥♥Ever-Green Veronica♥♥
    Me again.....
    The photo with the bench and the yellow tulips was taken on Lake Garda/Bardolino - Verona - Italy... early spring morning....
    I am pleased you are also attracted by an empty bench....
    Hugs xoxoxo.... now I will read your blog..

    ★♥♥Ever-Green Veronica♥♥ added this photo to her favorites.
    LOL.... I saw some interesting shots in your blog.... xoxoxo

    ★Steve Taylor (Photography) added this photo to his favorites.
    A great looking wedding dress

    ★i_still_believe_in_u added this photo to their favorites.

    Sunciti _ Sundaram's Images + Messages
    Interesting Image and occasion. Well done

    Charlie Chapman 75
    Very nice shot.

    rino_savastano
    a shot well done, great composition!

    A 1000 Reasons
    Ha ha Doda, our tradition is to give "ang pow" which is a red packet with money put inside it. But bread, that is not part of our tradition. Me, a strange cookie ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Antone
      Thou dearest,
      congratulations for the beautiful image of this wedding!
      Throughout the world there are different customs, but also here in Sardinia is used to give the newlyweds a basket inside the food, wine, bread and even fruit!
      I send an affectionate greeting;-))))
      Anto

      Delete
  3. henrhyde
    Beautiful images with great words.

    ★Yasmin de light - added this photo to her favorites.
    Lovely capture Thou. Very beautiful and I love your collection of unlikely photos too. By the way, I noticed you said to Doda - its not a part of your tradition. Just out of interest, which tradition is that? Wishing you a very happy week my friend : ))
    This beautiful chapter has been seen in WRITTEN PAGES.

    "Chuck"
    Well captured for all to remember.

    ~Jo
    Wonderful image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, all the images are fantastic. Photo of bird where bird sits on the roof is looking beautiful.

      VEKphoto.com

      Delete
    2. Seen your photos! That is fantastic! Lovely works of ARTS! Now that is what I call "professional photography", love them!

      Delete
  4. thanks a lot for sharing. i was looking for something like that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...