"The sharp knife of a short life

I've had just enough time..."


- "If I Die Young" The Band Perry


I see Beauty in many things. And like the ghosts that only speak to you if you notice them, they tell me wondrous tales. With my camera and my thoughts, I captured these as faithfully as I can to share with you. And by doing so, they gave me the reasons. And though the thousand reasons may not all be sweet and some indeed bitter; they are still reasons to live. Come to think about it, that is Life, isn't it?

Monday 16 July 2012

Are You Stepping Up or Are You Stepping Out?




I've had just enough time to...   be stepping up!


Taken just before stepping up to a restaurant in Hanoi


Are you stepping out?
No, I’m stepping up
Stepping over water
Stepping up the stairs
To open another door.

What will you find there?
I know not for sure
Something good I hope
Something different I’m sure
And I can always step out again



Stepping up is hard (not hard) to do...


Up another flight of steps
Through another open door
And if that is not what I seek
I will seek some more
For that flight of steps
That leads to that open door



As promised, the naked lady at the bottom of the stairs :)



5 comments:

  1. A 1000 Reasons
    On a rainy winter morning, we have just flown into Hanoi. The sky is a sheet of grey and the road wet and muddy. All colors seem to be muted. It is a gloomy day. We stepped off the 4 wheels and through a small door; we found a different world await. I was charmed by this quaint little restaurant that the I’ve to take a few flights of steep steps to reach. This compensated the somber beginning of my visit to this Northern land. Check out my blog for a couple more photos and of the naked lady I found at the bottom of the stairs. I’m sure that is bound to get your attention, ha ha.

    ★Zelly Bang, ΞSSΞ®®Ξ, and Nikita_70 added this photo to their favorites.

    Nikita_70
    Good shots! The POV in this shot is magnificent! It gives the feeling that there's something waiting at the top of the stairs :)

    maejun7325
    I like your poem. There are seems very calm and the time is slowly....
    I want to step up the stair and open the door.

    L A O
    Wonderful shot! Very well done!

    ★ineedathis added this photo to his favorites.
    I think you are stepping out, looks like a beautiful courtyard something I always wanted to have, unfortunately I was born poor:-)
    Very beautiful my friend!
    I knew you would appreciate the chocolate,
    Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place looks so fascinating! Love the staircase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GPMTZ
    Step out and have a good time...and when you're done...step back in and enjoy the pleasure of home. Well done.

    rino_savastano
    well done, nice shot!

    Sunciti _ Sundaram's Images + Messages
    Excellent Shot and Write Up. For Reasonably Ambitious And Active Person, All Doors Open.! Good Morning My Friend. I am sure Morning Time In Your Country And The Door To New Week Is Wide Open!

    ★henrhyde (gill) added this photo to her favorites.

    henrhyde (gill)
    Beautifully presented.
    Great words as usual.
    Never be afraid, to take new steps , new direction --seek that open door !

    brdonovan
    haha i saw the naked lady.
    she's quite curvy :)
    ★brdonovan added this photo to his favorites.

    Ana Librillana
    Beautiful!!

    ★i_still_believe_in_u and Steve Taylor (Photography) added this photo to their favorites.
    What a wonderful looking entrance and stepping stones

    ★娜 娜☂Nana added this photo to her favorites.
    Find a great frame!!Beautiful : ))

    ho.ge
    very inviting steps! a wonderful shot!
    ★ho.ge added this photo to her favorites.

    This photo was invited and added to the Written Pages group.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your current composing ,its so readable ,pleasurable and simple to see .. thx .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...