"The sharp knife of a short life

I've had just enough time..."


- "If I Die Young" The Band Perry


I see Beauty in many things. And like the ghosts that only speak to you if you notice them, they tell me wondrous tales. With my camera and my thoughts, I captured these as faithfully as I can to share with you. And by doing so, they gave me the reasons. And though the thousand reasons may not all be sweet and some indeed bitter; they are still reasons to live. Come to think about it, that is Life, isn't it?

Monday 9 July 2012

Jailed For Their Songs



I've had just enough time to...   sing my songs in jail


Taken of the jailed song birds while walking in the street of Surabaya, Indonesia.


They were jailed for their songs
Their sins were they sing too sweetly

Where is the crime in that?
You asked.

You asked the wrong question.

_______
By a lonely prison wall,
I heard a young man calling
Nothing matters, Mary, when you're free
Against the famine and the Crown,
I rebelled, they cut me down.
Now you must raise our child with dignity.

Low lie the fields of Athenry
Where once we watched the small free birds fly
Our love was on the wing, we had dreams and songs to sing
It's so lonely 'round the fields of Athenry.


Dropkick Murphys - Fields of Athenry




2 comments:

  1. A 1000 Reasons
    I was strolling through the narrow lane of a Surabaya morning market in Indonesia where street hawkers spread out their wares on either sides of the lane. It was a very busy street with its own unique sights, sounds and smells of the local market. One of my favorite pastimes in any city is to take a slow walk in the people’s market. On the second floor of a building, I saw these song birds imprisoned in their ornate cages. This is not a pretty shot nor is it intended to be as I want to capture it as raw and as real as it was. How would you feel if you are imprisoned for your beauty or your talent? I feel strongly – birds are not meant to be in cages.

    ★ineedathis added this photo to his favorites.
    You chose the right words to make us all feel guilty as we are,
    Its one thing to have a pet to cage it is hurtful,
    Great shot!
    Have a lovely week ahead.

    MAMEDE HARFOUCHE
    HAVE A PEACEFUL NEW WEEK, Thou.
    KISSES AND PEACE.
    الله أكبر * " ALLAH HU AKBAR! "

    GPMTZ
    Powerful post my friend.

    ★ΞSSΞ®®Ξ added this photo to his favorites.
    striking feelings. great capture

    Sunciti _ Sundaram's Images + Messages
    Good Morning My Friend. Wonderful shot And Can Feel It. Have A Great Day

    This photo was invited and added to the PHODDÁSTICA!!! ® group.
    This photo was invited and added to the Written Pages group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GPMTZ
    This beautiful chapter has been seen in WRITTEN PAGES.

    MAMEDE HARFOUCHE

    domnugget1
    Congratulations for your beautiful photos gallery always has a good week of great peace and great health along with their family and friends thanks for your comments and a big hug for you ..

    L A O
    Parabéns!
    Congratulations!

    ★E|sbeth added this photo to their favorites.
    Fantastic!!!

    rino_savastano
    nice pov, great shot !!

    ★i_still_believe_in_u and jacqui 006 (catching up) added this photo to their favorites.

    jacqui 006 (catching up)
    Lovely shot.

    ~Jo
    ~:0(

    ho.ge
    so it is :( !!!!!

    ★Yasmin de light - added this photo to her favorites.

    Kathy_9
    I agree - birds were meant to fly and not sit on a perch all day. :(

    Yasmin de light - (busy - will catch up)
    So beautifully put Thou. I have often gone into pet shops and felt that of all the pets, birds are the worst pets to put in small cages - because in doing so you are depriving them and stealing from them their natural gift and right to fly. It's like cageing people and never allowing them to walk. Your poem/words could serve as a wonderful message to all those shops and markets that insist in continuing to do this. Wishing you a wonderful week ahead my friend : ))

    henrhyde (been away -catching up)
    Birds should fly----be free -as we are.
    Beautiful and image and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...