"The sharp knife of a short life

I've had just enough time..."


- "If I Die Young" The Band Perry


I see Beauty in many things. And like the ghosts that only speak to you if you notice them, they tell me wondrous tales. With my camera and my thoughts, I captured these as faithfully as I can to share with you. And by doing so, they gave me the reasons. And though the thousand reasons may not all be sweet and some indeed bitter; they are still reasons to live. Come to think about it, that is Life, isn't it?

Saturday 10 August 2013

The Liebster Blog Award: 11 Answers for 11 Questions – Part II


I've had just enough time to...   answer more questions...


Taken in a busy street in Kathmandu, Nepal while Daddy is cooking and I am looking

So I have to look for the answers for the next 6 questions for the Liebster Award (see Part I h...ere). There are many ways we can look for answers, the most important of which is to start looking and to look everywhere. You never know where the answers may come from – 

While Daddy was cooking 
I was looking at the blond 
And the blond was looking at God 
And God was looking at what’s cooking on the stove 
We were all looking 
Except Daddy who was cooking


The last dance of the concubine... 

6. What movie would you recommend for viewing? 
I enjoyed many types of movies from Monster slugfest such as Pacific Rim to Despicable Me to Art movies that no one wants to see. I’ve been to one movie where there were only 3 pairs of lovers and me and I was watching… the movie of course. 

Why “Farewell to myConcubine”?
Because this is one of the most tragic and romantic tale of ancient China telling the story of how Xiang Yu, the overlord of Western Chu sacrificed a kingdom to save his concubine. At the eve of his defeat, the king bade an emotional farewell to his concubine who performed a sword dance before slitting her own throat when he was distracted. The movie took it further and weaved the tale into the parallel lives of two modern Opera stars playing on larger themes of birth and death; love, loyalty and betrayal. It is the only Chinese film to win the top prize in the Cannes festival.



Under the century old rain trees bordering the Taiping lakes, I sang... 

7. Would you be able to sing on stage in front of hundreds of people?
I can. But with my singing, why would anyone want to ask me to? I am an introvert but if need be, I can stand in front of a crowd, preferably not singing but that too if I have to earn my keep. But I have always imagined what it is like to sing like Susan Boyle.

Why “Under the Rain Trees,I Sang the Ash Grove”?

Because while some people sang in the bath room, that is not enough privacy for me. My neighbours may complain. So I sang under the rain trees where I bother no one and no one bothers me. I may bother a few squirrels but they are not known to complain


Up before sunrise to welcome a new Himalayan dawn...

8. When you start your morning? 
When I woke up, which is usually between 7.00 to 7.30 am. I put in long hours at work typically 10 to 12 hours a day so I don’t use the alarm. I found myself under-productive when I wake up earlier than when my body tells me to.

Why “A New Himalayan Dawn”?
Because though I’m a late sleeper and not an early person, I will make the effort to wake up early if there is a reason to. Like that early morning in the Himalayan highlands, I was up before the sunrise; went up to the roof to do meditative dancing while waiting for the first crack of dawn. It was my most memorable early morning.


If you listen carefully, you can hear the sound of falling leaves... 

9. What music do you listen to in the evenings?
In the early evening, I will go up alone to the office roof. There, I will do my fast walk or slow jog to the accompaniment of English or K-pop fast dance music that my younger friends downloaded for me. Maybe the crows don’t like my choice of music for they sometimes cawed loudly and as many as twenty can take to circling over my head. 

Why “The sound of falling leaves”?
Because when I walk or jog in the park in the weekends, I leave my ipod at home. I prefer listening to the sound of Nature and need silence to hear the sound of falling leaves.


So I kissed the frog that talked 
And it became a prince and that is that. 

Nature in disarray 
Diamonds every where 

10. Who are you: a physicist or a lyric?
I am said to have a logical mind when it comes to work. But every now and then, I went dreamy dreamy like and strayed into some strange territories where the laws of physics don’t apply so I think that would disqualify me from being a scientist. However I have challenged a large scientific organization before with my intuition and won the argument on the basis of science :D.

Why “I Kiss A Frog ThatBecame A Prince and That is That” & “Nature in Disarray, DiamondsEverywhere”
Because what better ways to explain my illogical mind than to kiss a frog and to find diamonds in a padi field.


When the lady met the elephant on a narrow bridge by the river Kwai... 

11. What is your favorite animal? 
Dogs and cats are claimed by four-fifth of the world’s population so to impress people I decide to choose something BIG. And what bigger animal is there on land other than the elephant? I would have chosen dinosaurs if they are still alive. 

Why “The Lady Met TheElephant On A Rainy Day”?
I’ve a number of elephant posts including “I Dreamt of Elephants” and “The Monk Who Would Not Ride On AnElephant but my favourite is the above when I was there one early morning by the bank of River Kwai where I witnessed the poignant scene (to me) of the lady meeting the elephant on a narrow bridge.


There. These are my 11 answers to the 11 questions. In a coming post, I will ask my own 11 questions the “A Thousand Reasons” way. If anyone is game to have a crack at them and have a blog, I will nominate you for the Liebster award. Have fun! 

3 comments:


  1. ΞSSΞ®®Ξ, DotOnLine, davidseibold, and 4 other people added this photo to their favorites.

    1000 Reasons
    This is a repost of an earlier photo that I used for Part II of my Liebster Blog Award blog regarding cooking and looking... :D This was taken in a busy street in Kathmandu, Nepal. I've answered the remaining 6 questions. Check it out in my blog if interested. :)

    henrhyde (gill)
    Great presentation of this lovely image

    Onasill ~ New Format For A While
    Yes...Excellent view with exceptional colours and details. A beautiful image. But I was looking @ the young lad with his eyes up looking @ the your girl. :-) Thou.

    ShambLady
    oh this is priceless, and words made me smile!!! Jim likes to take pictures of me here and India, with reactions of people on me.... and I am always amazed, so happy I never notice while in the streets... well most of the time that is .... :)

    ineedathis
    I can only imagine what was going on that mind of his:-) great candid shot!
    This setup will never be aloud in our streets without the board of health getting on them in a hurry,
    Have a wonderful weekend

    Lua"To create is to leave our certainties behind"
    Excellente photo and scene ..j'aime cette légende et ce qu'elle porte avec elle ! ☺
    Un beau et bon weekend ☼
    Excellent photo and scene .. I love this story and it brings with it! ☺
    A beautiful and good weekend ☼

    ReplyDelete

  2. Andrew 62
    This is the first image of yours that I saw ...
    good to see again .... a real gem

    狂野的男人
    I saw the busy daddy, I saw the boy with brilliant eyes , I saw the young lady looking around while waiting , i saw the god at the book cover but the old rusty bicycle caught all my attention, my mother has one when I was a child.

    Heniusia
    Wonderful capture of different expressions! well observed and your verse is fantastic, made me smile:-))

    Heniusia
    I am adding you as my contact with a great pleasure. greetings from Belgium, Heni :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for such detailed answers! I was very interested to read them. I learned a lot about you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...