"The sharp knife of a short life

I've had just enough time..."


- "If I Die Young" The Band Perry


I see Beauty in many things. And like the ghosts that only speak to you if you notice them, they tell me wondrous tales. With my camera and my thoughts, I captured these as faithfully as I can to share with you. And by doing so, they gave me the reasons. And though the thousand reasons may not all be sweet and some indeed bitter; they are still reasons to live. Come to think about it, that is Life, isn't it?

Wednesday 15 May 2013

Why Men Dress Up?


I've had just enough time...   to learn why men dress up :)

The Men of Octoberfest, Munich wants to be...


“When men dress up…”

The professor paused. He tapped his pipe against the table, and moved it to his lips in one smooth slow motion. He dragged on it with a few sharp sucks till smoke came out his nostrils and his ears. He closed his eyes and give a deep draw, opened them and blew out the smoke in a long slow continuous stream the way John Cage of Ally McBeal poured water from the jug in the courtroom. When he stopped, my entire attention was on his bushy moustache and the words that poured out.

“When men dress up…”

He paused and I hold my breath. My chest was heaving from an agitated heart keenly waiting for the profound revelation. Unhurriedly, in a deliberately studious manner he continued -

“… according to my comprehensive surveys and researches … over many years of studies … through many countries … and many cultures … of many segments of the population … I’ve reached the irrefutable conclusion … the undeniable truth ... of why men dress up!”

“Yes?” I inquired impatiently.

The professor shot me a disapproving look. Composed himself and continued, “Men dress up because … because …”

“Yes?”

“… they want to be boys!”



Boys again!!!

                                               (Who remembers Ally McBeal? J)




9 comments:


  1. 1000 Reasons
    After all the unhappiness the last few weeks due to the election, I need something to cheer me up. We have some bad times, but Life goes on. We pick up the pieces and move on as best we can. So I decided to think up something light and I remember one of my favorite TV shows – Ally McBeal and some of the techniques they used to cheer things up. So this is remembering Ally McBeal and if you have never seen the show, give it a try. I’m sure you will like it. I’m sorry I couldn’t find the hilarious scene of John Cage pouring water in YouTube though. Love that scene!

    ineedathis
    They dress up cause no one wants to see those hairy bodies...LOL
    Great fun shot my friend!
    Thanks for the smile:-)
    ★ineedathis added this photo to his favorites.

    Onasill
    :-) People just get out of it when a camera is pointed. Love those plaid shirts. Cool Thou

    ★Onasill and Prometheus-BD added this photo to their favorites.

    ReplyDelete

  2. 1000 Reasons
    Who remembers Ally McBeal? :)
    I do!

    ★ineedathis added this photo to his favorites.
    Well I don't watch TV shows or movies, now if you show me piece of wood or a pastry then is another story:-)
    Excellent shot!

    ★Onasill added this photo to his favorites.
    More good stuff. Great research of importantance that will benefit mankind. Kudos

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an unexpected finding. But it's fun!

    ReplyDelete

  4. Sunciti _ Sundaram's Images + Messages
    Brilliant And Impressive......Well they Look...

    ishratzakiasultana
    Very true: Life goes on. Good to know that you wanted to focus on something light that bring this fun shot for us. Still trying to find you there... :)

    henrhyde (gill)
    Beautiful male portrait image presentation !!

    ShambLady
    wooohooo the happy bunch!

    ★5div added this photo to his favorites.

    ReplyDelete

  5. ★ΞSSΞ®®Ξ added this photo to his favorites.

    ishratzakiasultana
    Wonderful fun shot, Thou. Trying to find you out there :).............

    ShambLady
    must have been a fun photoshoot! :D
    made me smile!

    ★Geo_grafics added this photo to his favorites.
    Looks like you had a Blast !!

    oola *
    That's why !?!
    Love it !!
    What fun !!

    sethph88
    excellent........

    Yasmin de light - Busy - catching up slowly
    He he he - brilliant capture Thou. Looks like they are having great fun being boys. I was wondering which one from these might be you - but wouldn't like to guess. And yes I know of Ally McBeal show but have not followed it myself. Great video clip though - I assume that is a unisex bathroom/toilet sink area.. Makes you wonder if they ever get any work done - and whether or not they even care lol : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended Download Project managers are no longer restricted to creating subtasks and then rolling them up into summary tasks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh its a great article about dress up.
    i really appriciate to admin and team to make this informative article for us.
    Thanks
    Clother Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent information, it's interesting to learn more about dress up .Thank you so much for this article.
    integrated receivables management

    ReplyDelete
  9. Superb info, it is fascinating for more information regarding liven up. Thanks a lot with this post.

    Cheap Fifa 14 Coins
    elo boosting

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...