"The sharp knife of a short life

I've had just enough time..."


- "If I Die Young" The Band Perry


I see Beauty in many things. And like the ghosts that only speak to you if you notice them, they tell me wondrous tales. With my camera and my thoughts, I captured these as faithfully as I can to share with you. And by doing so, they gave me the reasons. And though the thousand reasons may not all be sweet and some indeed bitter; they are still reasons to live. Come to think about it, that is Life, isn't it?

Saturday 9 November 2013

We Are Blind Because We Can See


I've had just enough time...   to learn that truth can be hidden in plain sight

You may not see the truth even if you have compound eyes...


I was so sure of my sight because I could see
Better than others, I thought
So I did not heed those close to me
"Beware! Things are not what they seem"
But I trusted my sight more because I, could see

We were so sure of the rights we fought
That we could not be wrong
Justice, compassion, transparency, truth
I thought all who came under the banners
Fought for the same God

The battles had been fought and lost
The banners strewn on the battlefield
With the corpses, as I retreated I reflect -
Blindness is such a strange ailment
We are blind because we are so sure we see


Taken of the moth in my garden who reminded me that truth can be hidden in plain sight...

How our eyes deceived us. We would not have been fooled if we were blind. I saw the path I was shown. I saw it lead straight to the castle. And we charged. But we did not see the swamp that bogged us down. That made us easy preys to the hidden foes and the circling vultures. We felt the slings of arrows taking up arms against a sea of troubles. No more! I lay down my arms but not before I reluctantly slay the beautiful illusive dream. But worry not about the dreamer, he dreams new dreams without bloodshed instead...


4 comments:

  1. He tried to hide, but you still found him Thou San! :-)

    Many greetings from the Netherlands,
    dzjiedzjee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

  2. BlueLunarRose
    Little beauties can be anywhere, so beautiful and cute little moth, wonderful macro!

    henrhyde (gill) catching
    Great macro composition

    The Visual Poet
    Wonderful capture! :)

    Rebecca Ang
    Ah yes, in much agreement. We have eyes but do not see, ears but do not hear. We can be equipped with the best physically and technically speaking, and yet be found sorely deficient in insight. Sometimes we choose not to see. A quote from Nietzsche: "How much truth can a spirit bear, how much truth can a spirit dare?"

    Mart2day
    Looks like a peek a boo shot, what I see is an extremely adorable and innocent little creature with a curious expression!

    ReplyDelete

  3. ineedathis
    I think this little one came to greet you, I so miss my good friends in the garden,
    I will plant my butterfly garden more carefully next spring with host plants not only to attract but also for them to lay their eggs, a host plant is essential to their survival, great closeup Thou!

    Geo_grafics
    Not an easy task to find these little wonders and mighty fine work on the capture as well :)

    kirstiecat
    Ha this little guy seems to be on the verge of flight but stopping to look over the leaf and say hello to you!

    Kim's Pics :)
    He appears to be sitting patiently waiting for you to take his picture........so small and innocent on that big old leaf! :))

    Bathsheba
    Fantastic detail and light - love the angle and how he's just emerging from above the leaf.

    Yasmin de light
    A stunning capture Thou. Love the angle of this shot. He seems to be in a sea of beautiful satin green - staring right at you - with deep thought as well! : ). I am always amazed at shots like these and others of dragonflies when they stare straight at you. On the one hand it seems a simple insect cannot possibly have much of a brain to reflect upon - and yet when you see shots like these - it seems he has a lot going on in his mind. Or perhaps it is just an illusion as is our certainty about all that we can see. Wishing you a lovely week full of true enlightenment my friend. And many thanks as always for your kindness : )

    ReplyDelete

  4. 1000 Reasons
    Truth is sometimes hidden in plain sight...

    ineedathis
    You are very wise dear friend, you see things others ignore,
    I wish at least half had your dreams then the world would be a better place,
    I hope you had great weekend.

    Geo_grafics
    Another world of loveliness !!

    Kim's Pics :)
    Lovely little creature, all our insects have taken off.....too cold for them all now!

    Bathsheba
    Also really like the angle on this one, and the focus is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...