"The sharp knife of a short life

I've had just enough time..."


- "If I Die Young" The Band Perry


I see Beauty in many things. And like the ghosts that only speak to you if you notice them, they tell me wondrous tales. With my camera and my thoughts, I captured these as faithfully as I can to share with you. And by doing so, they gave me the reasons. And though the thousand reasons may not all be sweet and some indeed bitter; they are still reasons to live. Come to think about it, that is Life, isn't it?

Tuesday 22 November 2011

The Hawker's Answer to a Silly Question.




I've had just enough time to...   check a hawker's wares.


Taken in a busy street in Ho Chi Minh City.


What is a hawker’s thought
When she is not selling her wares?
When she is free to think,
What is her dream?

I asked what makes her happy
She says I can buy it for a dollar.
And when I gave her the money
All she gave me was a ripe mango.

_______

Vocation - Rabindranath Tagore

When the gong sounds ten in the morning and I walk to school by our lane,
Every day I meet the hawker crying, "Bangles, crystal bangles!"
There is nothing to hurry him on, there is no road he must take,
no place he must go to, no time when he must come home.
I wish I were a hawker, spending my day in the road, crying,
"Bangles, crystal bangles!"





2 comments:

  1. A 1000 Reasons
    Taken in the busy street of Ho Chi Minh city where hawkers ply their wares. And sell delicious ripe mangoes :))

    ΞSSΞ®®Ξ
    wonderful street capture

    ho.ge
    a very beautiful scene!

    henrhyde
    " Food for thought " !!!
    Excellent street scene and verse !


    henrhyde and i_still_believe_in_u added this photo to their favorites.

    _ Claudio Rio Janeiro Brasil Brazil
    Very interesting capture !

    ★garageismi added this photo to his favorites.

    A 1000 Reasons
    Oh, she dreams of many wondrous things.
    But why should she share it with a stranger with strange questions when she can give a more eloquent response - a ripe mango. :)
    She is wise.

    MAMEDE HARFOUCHE

    brdonovan
    love this take on real life, pondering the value of tangible goods and time
    ★brdonovan and Light❖ added this photo to their favorites.

    i am thankful and grateful
    ★marinela 2008 added this photo to her favorites. Interesting street scene !

    ReplyDelete
  2. R.J.E.
    Wonderful composition

    ★dodagp added this photo to her favorites.
    Colourful street scene in every sense,Thou !
    Sagely worded banter ,makes me recall Aristotles wise words : Happiness depends on ourselves ...

    ★Tàu Bửu Vương Photography added this photo to his favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...