"The sharp knife of a short life

I've had just enough time..."


- "If I Die Young" The Band Perry


I see Beauty in many things. And like the ghosts that only speak to you if you notice them, they tell me wondrous tales. With my camera and my thoughts, I captured these as faithfully as I can to share with you. And by doing so, they gave me the reasons. And though the thousand reasons may not all be sweet and some indeed bitter; they are still reasons to live. Come to think about it, that is Life, isn't it?

Sunday 24 February 2013

I’ve No Arguments With Crocodiles



I've had just enough time to...   not to argue with crocodiles


Taken from the safety of the shore in Sarawak of the crocodile infested river


Under the blue umbrella
She waits
As gray water rushes by
She waits

The water has crocodiles
“I’ve no argument with crocodiles”
Crocodiles don’t need arguments
They are even sorry for what they did
Crocodiles being what they are
Would happily consumed you for breakfast
Or any other meals after that
That is their nature, that is nothing strange
What is strange are the tears they shed

“The waters are wide, the crocodiles are few
If one does come across and after me
Maybe that is my fate?





You could stand away from the water’s edge

“I could.
I know a boy from the village yonder
Full of life, spirit and wonder
On a clear cloudless day, he was struck by lighting
Burnt to a crisp and no one even heard the thunder
It was not raining, and he did not stand under a tree
And they said it is more difficult than winning a lottery.”

She said it all with a smile
And a resolve strong enough to poke a crocodile’s eye
I retreated and it was many steps later
Before the question surfaced from the muddy water
What are  the reasons she waits…






5 comments:

  1. :-)
    Nice blog post!

    Greetings from the Netherlands,
    DzjieDzjee

    ReplyDelete

  2. A 1000 Reasons (busy... slow)
    I was having lunch besides a stretch of the Sarawak river that separates two small villages. I saw a sign warning of crocodiles in the river but there are many small children playing near the water's edge. This lady in a colorful flowery dress over her track suit caught my sight. With a chequered conical hat and an "Avon" light blue umbrella with laces edge against the swift flowing muddy gray water; she is a sight to behold under the bright sunlight. She is waiting...
    ...maybe for crocodiles. :)

    ★ineedathis added this photo to his favorites.
    Never saw Avon Umbrella before it must be promotional gift,
    Great shot and please watch out for those Crocks:-)
    Have a great Sunday!

    Yasmin de light -
    A beautifully timed capture Thou. I hope you enjoyed your lunch. This lady looks a lovely picture in her beautiful dress and umbrella. I wonder who she is waiting for. I have heard crocodiles are masters of camouflage and disguises - let's hope this one isn't disguised as a person lol. Have a great weekend my friend : ))

    ★Yasmin de light - on and off and hazalnurlu added this photo to their favorites.

    hazalnurlu
    Maybe she is !!! great shot !!!! Thou

    ★ΞSSΞ®®Ξ and sethph88 added this photo to their favorites.

    sethph88
    great capture

    ★oola *, Flamarion N., and Geo_grafics added this photo to their favorites.

    Geo_grafics
    Diggin these colors and her showing her patience that you have captured wonderfully !

    ReplyDelete

  3. A 1000 Reasons (busy... slow)
    Sometimes, a stranger or worse still a tourist :) will wander into one of these small villages and expressed concerns over a myriad of issues - education, up-bringing, danger, etc etc... Then they will be gone. The villagers know that...
    "Where were you when the going was tough?"
    "Will you be here when the going gets tough?"
    Those questions are not theirs for they know... :)

    Yasmin de light -
    Funny how the rocks look like crocodiles too . Fascinating work Thou. Though I must say I am not completely clear what your ultimate message is in this one. Is this an all or nothing statement ie Are you saying that passers by should not make constructive suggestions unless they intend to see all the problems through - because the people know about them already and have resigned to their fates? Quite a depressing thought.

    ★hazalnurlu and ΞSSΞ®®Ξ added this photo to their favorites.

    sethph88
    great shot

    ★oola *, Flamarion N., and Geo_grafics added this photo to their favorites.

    Geo_grafics
    She is not worried at all ;)
    Sweet series !

    ReplyDelete

  4. bloodybee
    very beautiful and fascinating image!

    Amg80
    Very beautiful image

    Axa_Sofia moments
    Excellent work!
    Preciosa fotografia .
    Saludos

    ★i_still_believe_in_u added this photo to their favorites.
    I so agree ...... :P what a nice capture, that umbrella is really an eyecatcher here!

    ho.ge
    wonderful to sit there - but only if the crocodiles ard full up. :)
    a wonderful shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ★ho.ge added this photo to her favorites.

    Yasmin de light -Thankyou - busy catchingupslowl
    Thank you Thou - just noticed your comment in my earlier snowy shot. Yes my friend - busyness can't be helped and priorities can't be ignored. Seems like you are bombarded with distractions - perhaps that is why a snowy quiet surrounding is particularly appealing to you. So take your time to centre yourself - flickr is after all a sparetime hobby (to me as well - during my less hectic moments). Best wishes for the week and regards : ))

    ★october blue added this photo to their favorites.
    A wonderful shot and excellent story ! Her blue umbrella is quite picturesque...and she has a fine presence . . I hope that her brave spirit and fatalistic attitude will keep her out of harm's way ...and thus there will be no need for anyone...man or beast .... to shed any crocodile tears :-)

    ★Pagan Eyes and Steve Taylor (Photography) added this photo to their favorites.

    Steve Taylor
    A boat to boat Avon seller

    The Visual Poet (3 weeks ago | reply)
    Wonderful capture!

    ★David Kracht added this photo to his favorites.

    Axa_Sofia moments
    Preciosa fotografia , genial .
    Saludos .
    www.ideal.es/granada/20130305/local/granada/v olar-sobre-a...

    Cheri Sundra: Guerrilla Historian
    Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Thou - just observed your opinion in my previously wintry taken. Yes my buddy - demands can't be assisted and main concerns can't be ignored. Seems like you are flooded with distractions
    RS 2007 Gold
    FFXIV Gil

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...