"The sharp knife of a short life

I've had just enough time..."


- "If I Die Young" The Band Perry


I see Beauty in many things. And like the ghosts that only speak to you if you notice them, they tell me wondrous tales. With my camera and my thoughts, I captured these as faithfully as I can to share with you. And by doing so, they gave me the reasons. And though the thousand reasons may not all be sweet and some indeed bitter; they are still reasons to live. Come to think about it, that is Life, isn't it?

Thursday 17 October 2013

A Broken Bowl of Rice


I've had just enough time...   to smash my iron bowl

Found this broken bowl of rice in Kuala Lumpur, will I deliberately break mine?


He had an iron bowl
That cannot break
So he cared not
If it dropped
Till it was replaced
With one of clay
To his chest he cradled
But it accidentally dropped
Smashed to pieces
Overcame with fear
He lived on edges
Till he discovered
His life was saved by
A broken bowl of rice


In another section of the hall opposite to the one with the sculpture of sealed lips (see last post), was one exhibiting works by different artists employing the same theme “bowl”. Though this is not very original, it is still my favorite as it resonates with me and reminded me of all the fears we experienced worrying about breaking our bowl of rice. But same as the sealed lips, it may not necessarily be a bad thing to go beyond our comfort zone. And sometimes, we need a disaster to push us out of it. 


2 comments:


  1. ineedathis, sf1003!, ΞSSΞ®®Ξ, and 8 other people added this photo to their favorites.

    ineedathis
    Even Iron brakes dear Thou:-) excellent capture! I hope no one was harmed doing this scene...

    BD@Mona
    Beautiful shot and image !!!

    Onasill
    Now did you do that by accident Thou...cool

    BlueLunarRose
    Oh no, looks a beautiful bowl, but you made a creative work out of it, lovely!!

    Jeff S. PhotoArt
    Excellent capture..have a wonderful day!

    henrhyde (gill) catching up
    Grand capture of this image-- yes we need to take risks at times---

    oola * gone for a couple of weeks... thanks to all
    had to share this with my sister

    ReplyDelete


  2. october blue
    Something about a broken bowl of rice does 'scratch the pysche' on an elemental level . Well seen, captured and described .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...