"The sharp knife of a short life

I've had just enough time..."


- "If I Die Young" The Band Perry


I see Beauty in many things. And like the ghosts that only speak to you if you notice them, they tell me wondrous tales. With my camera and my thoughts, I captured these as faithfully as I can to share with you. And by doing so, they gave me the reasons. And though the thousand reasons may not all be sweet and some indeed bitter; they are still reasons to live. Come to think about it, that is Life, isn't it?

Sunday 6 October 2013

The Grasshopper In My Room


I've had just enough time to...   encounter a grasshopper in my room


The grasshopper I encountered in the seventh floor of my hotel room in Kuching


I found a grasshopper
On the seventh floor of my hotel room
How did it get there? I do not know.
But it must have hopped there
All the way from where it came from
I said ‘hello’ but it hopped away
To a far corner of the room
I left to do what hotel occupants do
And when I returned, it was gone


I never saw it again but did I hear its song?


In the early morning
Before the breaking of the dawn
I was awaken by singing in my room
I don’t which is lonelier
The singing by my bed or
The early morning prayer
Enveloped by the yearning
And the longing
I fell into a strange dream
Of heaven and home…


Two days ago when I opened the door to my hotel room in Kuching, a tiny grasshopper sprang away from me. I followed it to the center of the room where it stopped and viewed me with cautious eyes as I snapped it. As I had to leave immediately, I left it undisturbed where it was. When I returned late that night, it was nowhere to be seen. The next morning when it was still dark, I was awaken by the shrill singing that after several moments of sleep deprived confusion, I concluded it must be from the grasshopper in my room though I am not sure what sound grasshopper make. At the same time, the early morning prayer from across the river wafted into my room. Surrounded by these two sounds, I fell asleep again to a strange dream…


3 comments:

  1. ineedathis, bjebie, ΞSSΞ®®Ξ, and 2 other people added this photo to their favorites.

    1000 Reasons (Off to Kuching)
    This trip to Kuching, I was surprised by a grasshopper in the seventh floor of my room. How did it get there I wonder? Its song that night caused me to have a strange dream.

    ineedathis
    What a pleasant surprise!
    From the grain of the wood looks like Indian rosewood or Teak?
    I hope you had great weekend.

    Sunciti _ Sundaram's Images + Messages
    Welcome Friend. Well Shot. Have An Exciting Day.

    ana_lee_smith
    Lovely muted variation & excellent diagonal on the grain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your words with pleasure Thou San. And your pictures are great :-)

    Warm greetings from the Netherlands,
    dzjiedzjee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

  3. Onasill
    A super macro with fine detailsThou...Kudos

    BlueLunarRose 5 days ago
    Cute grasshopper, beautiful macro, lovely focus and DoF, lovely words too!!

    ShambLady catching up....still a bit slow :)
    super closeup!!! wow! Enjoy your trip!!!

    Kim's Pics :) 5 days ago
    Looking right at you too! :D

    Jeff S. PhotoArt
    Wonderful image! Have a great day!

    ineedathis
    Awesome macro dear friend! no hoppers for me this year, to fast:-)

    ana_lee_smith
    One of life's many mysteries *~* A fine looking fellow & a well executed macro photo op!

    Onasill 5 days ago
    The details here are just amazing in view. My compliments

    Kim's Pics :)
    A darn cute little guy.....he seems quite relaxed in your room and isn't that strange that he made his way all the way up to the 7th floor! :))

    Eyemdreaming
    Native alien life form (!)
    Somber reflecting mood and moment well expressed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...