"The sharp knife of a short life

I've had just enough time..."


- "If I Die Young" The Band Perry


I see Beauty in many things. And like the ghosts that only speak to you if you notice them, they tell me wondrous tales. With my camera and my thoughts, I captured these as faithfully as I can to share with you. And by doing so, they gave me the reasons. And though the thousand reasons may not all be sweet and some indeed bitter; they are still reasons to live. Come to think about it, that is Life, isn't it?

Sunday 29 September 2013

The Happy Faces of the Octoberfest Parade – Part I.


I've had just enough time to...   capture smiles

My favorite smile of Octoberfest 2012

The Octoberfest is here again. It had been a year since I was last there. When friends and acquaintances learned I went to the festival, they inevitably asked “what are you doing there?” This incredulous reaction is because beyond the first glass on occasion, I don’t drink. When I told them it was accidental, I just happened to be there at that time; they shook their head as if saying it was wasted on me.

A straight line smile

A well-armed smile

Innocent smiles


That is because the Octoberfest is overwhelmingly associated with beer drinking. But it is not only that – though copious amounts of beer does flow. For the 16 days Octoberfest 2012, one source estimated that 7.5 million of the one-litre Mass glasses were consumed! That was a lot of beer and a lot of “beer corpses”. There were a lot of lost and found including 93 children, a French horn, a hearing aid, two wedding rings (someone is getting into BIG trouble) and a pair of trousers. The last item was a really strange one, wonder what he was wearing if any. 

A shy smile

A cheeky smile

A Colgate smile

But there are other sides of Octoberfest and we have explored several themes such as the weather "Fun In October Rain" and even clothing "Why Men Dress UP?" among others. For this post, I just want to make everyone happy. And what better ways than to look at happy people and hope that it will rub off on us and make us smile to see others smile.


A complacent couple smile

A royal smile

Smiles by the dozen

A smile is a very fleeting thing. You got to catch it when it appear. It can disappear before you ready to capture it. So unlike other posts, this is not about good photography. It is about good smiles. Pardon the photography and appreciate the smiles. They are for you :)

A holding-something-back smile

An unstoppable smile


5 comments:


  1. Sunciti _ Sundaram's Images + Messages
    What A Momentary Capture. Well done.

    Onasill
    Laugh and be merry...Excellent portrait

    BlueLunarRose
    Cheerful smile, lovely portrait and wonderfully captured!!

    oola * gone for a couple of weeks... thanks to all
    it didn't rain this year!!!!!!!

    Mr. Happy Face - Peace Friends :)
    Beautiful Image .. Nice Framing and Processing with Light . Cheers !

    ReplyDelete
  2. And all in all...beautiful smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Thou San. It looks a little like carnival in the Netherlands ;-)

    Greetings from the Netherlands,
    dzjiedzjee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

  4. Jeff S. PhotoArt
    Excellent capture… Splendid my friend

    Kim's Pics :)
    Your blog certainly puts all these wonderful "smiles" in a beautiful context.......and how can you go wrong with a smiling happy image! :)

    《毛泽东像章——红藏苑》, and 8 other people added this photo to their favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...