"The sharp knife of a short life

I've had just enough time..."


- "If I Die Young" The Band Perry


I see Beauty in many things. And like the ghosts that only speak to you if you notice them, they tell me wondrous tales. With my camera and my thoughts, I captured these as faithfully as I can to share with you. And by doing so, they gave me the reasons. And though the thousand reasons may not all be sweet and some indeed bitter; they are still reasons to live. Come to think about it, that is Life, isn't it?

Sunday 27 October 2013

The Lady in the Flower Cheongsam Promise Me Love


I've had just enough time to...   deliberate on the complexities of Love & Life

The Lady waiting on the stairs by the street of Malacca

The lady in the flower cheongsam
Promise me love 
But I don’t have the currency 
She said she doesn’t mind 
But many do 
And do I 
Mind we are of different worlds 
Mine beneath hers

What about pride?

Love conquers all when you’re in love
But love is like soft petals on sunny days
All too soon it fades away while
Pride is sharper than steel and
Harder than the boulder
That stood in our way


Love on her mind

Coward! She cried
Your pride is too fragile
Hitting me where it hurts
How do I make you understand
A man’s pride is his being
Without which he is a bitch
I can give you my life
But I can’t sell you my pride

What about love?

What about love?
Without love a man can survive
A lesser man he may be but a man still
Without pride a man is a dog
Its tail licking its heel

Life in the way

I am a woman.
I need no pride which
Makes me more a man than you
I am willing to die for love but
I am not willing to die for pride
I am willing to give up everything
For that sublime feel
You are not willing to accept heaven
To your brittle pride you yield

She stood at the top of the stairs
I stayed below
She dared me to go up
But all I could think of
Is the same promise
Made by the farmer’s daughter
One love is as good as another
But a shattered pride
Stay shattered forever


5 comments:

  1. What would you choose? How can you choose love if you cannot understand what pride can do to a man? How can you choose pride if you cannot feel like a woman? Should love be measured by intensity or sustainability? Is it cowardly to turn away from a destructive love or prudent to turn away from a risky one? Is love overrated? Is pride demonized? Is one love the same as another? (as long as it is love.) What about happiness? Isn’t it more important than love? Can one be madly in (reciprocated) love and be deeply unhappy? Isn’t it the choice then between love and happiness rather than love and pride? A thousand other questions and no easy answer. Life is like that – complicated. If yours is not, congratulation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful Thou San! And a nice model :-)

    Best regards from the Netherlands,
    dzjiedzjee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

  3. davidseibold, ineedathis, sf1003!, and 7 other people added this photo to their favorites.

    1000 Reasons
    In the city of Malacca, I saw
    The lady in the cheongsam
    When she turned and looked
    My kneels went weak
    She stood at the top
    Below I stayed
    And for a moment…
    BTW... She was a professional model taking a photo shoot.
    She is just and inspiration and has nothing to do with my story, Just to set the record straight :)

    ineedathis
    I like her dress and those hills, certainly very tempting, I hope my wife does not see this...LOL
    Great one my friend!
    Hope you had great weekend.

    Onasill
    :-) good narrative Thou and well caught for the effect.

    oola *thanks for favs etc. while gone
    seems like a male dilemma to me
    emotions, passion and love and lust...are different things
    best when taken in combination

    henrhyde (gill) catching up
    Beautiful presentation of this artistic image--

    Kim's Pics :)
    I wonder what she is thinking here, what a cool candid, also loaded with mystery and intrigue!

    Patricia Speck
    You are a great story teller;-))....and I am so glad to hear that the lady is a model. ~smile~.
    It's a super capture my friend,

    ShambLady catching up....still a bit slow :)
    the soft colourtones, give this a mysterious mood indeed!

    Geo_grafics
    Wonderful mood indeed and mighty philosophical thoughts to go along with the awesome pic !

    1000 Reasons
    No oola, the debate between love and pride appears to be a predominantly male issue only because the male has the "dominant" role across most cultures. But this is changing rapidly. Throughout the world, "females married up and males married down" and a lot of this has to do with pride. Will a female be comfortable with her partner earning much less and having a much lower station in the social scale? That too is pride. Often the issues did not surface because it had been filtered. We did not give another the chance to blossom into love because pride got in the way. It happened both ways only it is less apparent.

    ReplyDelete

  4. davidseibold, ineedathis, sf1003!, and 8 other people added this photo to their favorites.

    ineedathis
    I often saw them waiting when I was sailing, yes Japan had them as well:-)
    Wonderful shot Thou!

    Onasill
    A very effective close up and follow up Thou. Kudos

    oola *thanks for favs etc. while gone
    what is love?
    indeed..

    Rebecca Ang
    I like her head turned away from the camera for this shot - just the right mood created for this title and reflection about love and life. Life is indeed complicated and I agree, no easy answers. Perhaps deep love is possible and sustainable, with mutual respect and mutual sacrifice. Perhaps I am too idealistic :) On the flipside, there is always some odd "beauty" in angst for ones who are philosophically inclined...

    ShambLady catching up....still a bit slow :)
    very nicely done!!! have a super week ahead, dear friend!

    Geo_grafics
    Beautifully done and some exceptional lighting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are once again able to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...