"The sharp knife of a short life

I've had just enough time..."


- "If I Die Young" The Band Perry


I see Beauty in many things. And like the ghosts that only speak to you if you notice them, they tell me wondrous tales. With my camera and my thoughts, I captured these as faithfully as I can to share with you. And by doing so, they gave me the reasons. And though the thousand reasons may not all be sweet and some indeed bitter; they are still reasons to live. Come to think about it, that is Life, isn't it?

Tuesday 12 June 2012

All Because of A Nail, My Dear Watson




I've had just enough time to...   ponder on what a nail can do


Taken of the little nail that caused a lot of havoc




A nail, a tyre, a delay,
A business lost
It is all in the details, my dear Watson
For want of a nail a battle was lost

I’ve a problem, Master Sherlock
It is you who said - Don’t sweat the small stuff
Did I?
You did!

Well, that is a different story
In a different setting
Under different circumstances
We think differently

But how does one know
When to paint in big strokes
And when to notice of
The missing of a hair?

The tea is brewing, dear Watson
A cup of tea in the afternoon
That is a big picture
And to brew the perfect cup –
Practice, practice, till perfect, my dear Watson

_______


For Want of a Nail

For want of a nail the shoe was lost.
For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
For want of a horse the rider was lost.
For want of a rider the message was lost.
For want of a message the battle was lost.
For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.
And all for the want of a horseshoe nail.





4 comments:

  1. A 1000 Reasons
    I was going to work today when I had a flat tyre. I had to rush to the factory because of an emergency, but this put paid to my plan. For because of a nail, my tyre was lost. And because of the tyre, precious time was lost. And because of the lost of precious time, much was lost. But that is Life, isn’t it? Someday, everything went wrong in a week when everything went wrong. I had a bad day! But I’m not going to let that rest. So instead of griping about it, I write about it to expel bad karma. So instead of getting the second part of the Elephant Theme, you got a nail! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GPMTZ (11 hours ago)
    This beautiful chapter has been seen in WRITTEN PAGES.

    Reptilian_Sandwich
    Interesting theme and capture of two fingers with nails holding a nail.. up for inspection or exposition to the world.

    ★H.R. Hatfield added this photo to his favorites.
    Great compo here!

    ★meghimeg added this photo to her favorites.
    great!

    ★rino_savastano added this photo to his favorites.
    shot well done!

    ★dodagp added this photo to her favorites.
    After having read your wondrous elephant-related post and your relaxing experience I don't sweat the small stuff and I show no sympathy to your ill-fated incident. Iam so sorry,Thou.
    You have strikingly though nailed down your stress-filled story with the impressive compositional image and with the nails short and the hands clean .Your creative nature always hits the nail on the head even on a misfortunate day when it never rains but it pours ... You lost the tyre, the battle but the kingdom is still there for you to conquer ... my dear friend !

    brdonovan
    good; hope that karma has turned now; thanks for sharing your experience and the insightful words.
    ★brdonovan and jacqui 006 added this photo to their favorites.

    jacqui 006
    Very nice shot.

    MAMEDE HARFOUCHE
    HAVE A PEACEFUL TIME AHEAD, Thou. And... TAKE CARE !
    KISSES AND PEACE.
    الله أكبر * " ALLAH HU AKBAR! "

    ♥♥Ever-Green Veronica♥♥
    Thanks... and I am happy you like the "reflection corner" we can share it..... I can stay there mon-tue-wed.................and you can stay there for the rest of the week.................. :-)
    --
    Bad affair having to do with nails................oh my what a lot of trouble a little horseshoe-nail can give.... better sit down with a heating cup of tea and go to a meeting by train.... (it has no tyres)..... LOL....
    Thank you Dear.... I like this photo.... and the interesting story...
    Have a good evening.... from me

    ★♥♥Ever-Green Veronica♥♥ and Yasmin de light - added this photo to their favorites.

    Yasmin de light -
    Sorry about your bad day Thou. Amazing how a tiny thing like that can have such a huge effect. I am glad you turned it into something constructive - ie another one of your marvellous poetry and reflection. I must say though, I didn't realise that doing that would expel bad karma. Interesting to know. Take care my friend. And I wish you a happy and safe rest of the week : ))
    This beautiful chapter has been seen in WRITTEN PAGES.

    ★i_still_believe_in_u and henrhyde (gill) added this photo to their favorites.

    henrhyde (gill)
    Yes - proverb
    "For Want of a Nail" is a proverbial rhyme showing that small actions can result in large consequences.
    For Want of a Nail
    For want of a nail the shoe was lost.
    For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
    For want of a horse the rider was lost.
    For want of a rider the message was lost.
    For want of a message the battle was lost.
    For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.
    And all for the want of a horseshoe nail.
    And we have no control !

    ★Steve Taylor (Photography) added this photo to his favorites.
    The little ones are the worst

    Andrew 62
    ah yes .... small but disruptive
    cool way to deal with it though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elementary, my dear Watson!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunciti _ Sundaram's Images + Messages
    Parabéns!
    Congratulations!

    ★Ronaldo F Cabuhat added this photo to their favorites.
    The lighting is handled very well. The colors and details are well defined. Cheers!

    enrique1959
    Es una captura magistral, saludos

    onasill
    This is wonderful :-) Thou-San. A great follow through. Have a great day and greeting
    ★onasill added this photo to his favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...