"The sharp knife of a short life

I've had just enough time..."


- "If I Die Young" The Band Perry


I see Beauty in many things. And like the ghosts that only speak to you if you notice them, they tell me wondrous tales. With my camera and my thoughts, I captured these as faithfully as I can to share with you. And by doing so, they gave me the reasons. And though the thousand reasons may not all be sweet and some indeed bitter; they are still reasons to live. Come to think about it, that is Life, isn't it?

Thursday 21 June 2012

Reflection Part II – Memories of the Way We Were




I've had just enough time to...   reflect on the way we were

Taken while strolling round Taiping Park in Taiping, Malaysia.



The reflections on the water
Sweep the memories pass
Its calm surface
To a misty land
Of ghostly images
That pulls at the heartstrings
Vibrating
And exciting
Emotions
Long thought dead

_______


Memories,
Like the corners of my mind
Misty water-coloured memories
Of the way we were
Scattered pictures,
Of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another
For the way we were



Barbra Streisand - Way We Were 





2 comments:

  1. I wonder where is the reflection of children's dreams?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A 1000 Reasons
    In an early morning walk in the beautiful rain trees park in Taiping, Perak, Malaysia; I spied a young couple having an intimate moment at the water edge. Their reflection on the water was much more interesting to me than their real person so I snapped only their reflection. This is one of the image where the story came to me in a song – “The Way We Were”.

    A 1000 Reasons
    I’ll be going to Kuching for a church wedding early tomorrow morning and will be there for a few days. Will visit your photostream when I get back from my trip.

    ★garageismi added this photo to his favorites.

    Bgm Clicker
    Nice
    ★Bgm Clicker added this photo to his favorites.

    Sunciti _ Sundaram's Images + Messages
    This Is A Beautiful Image. Well Done , Have A Happy Day.

    enrique1959
    Es una captura fabulosa, saludos

    ~Jo
    Excellent image.

    ★F l S f a h .. ❥, ΞSSΞ®®Ξ [:D on vacation! :D], and i_still_believe_in_u added this photo to their favorites.

    ana_lee_smith
    Viewing the image upside down takes us into their existence in the real world. Seems they are each peacefully engrossed in some artistic endeavour, comfortable in the silence of their togetherness. Beautiful capture of their private world reflected, thou. Enjoy your visit to Kuching.

    ★ana_lee_smith and Steve Taylor (Photography) added this photo to their favorites.

    Steve Taylor (Photography)
    Nice one

    ★henrhyde (gill) added this photo to her favorites.
    Yes ---a very beautiful image of reflections.
    Dreamlike and magical.

    ★♥♥Ever-Green Veronica♥♥AWAY added this photo to her favorites.
    Oh yes this is a great image of reflections..... and this time I checked in your blogspot for first... a place where I always find lovely thoughts and reflections...... Have a good time in Kuching :-)

    ★brdonovan added this photo to his favorites.

    ho.ge
    time, lost in reflections! a wonderful image!

    ★ho.ge and dodagp added this photo to their favorites.

    dodagp
    Absolute composure and poise all over the green scenery and beautiful placid waters with colourful mirroring effects of two ethereal souls half-submerged in their own microcosm of intimacy and creation.So beutiful and dreamy !!! I am no art expert,my dear friend Thou,but it looks like a Cezanne or Monet or Manet impressionistic painting with wonderful illusions ... What a coincidence ! Soon,you were about to attend a ceremony where a couple would unite their lives and co-exist in every expression of life.To my mind's eye is like a vision or is it too far-fetched ? Oh ! Your image and your reflections carried me away and I started rambling ... I had better upside down my thoughts and come back to reality .... Hope you enjoyed the wedding .Stay well

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...