"The sharp knife of a short life

I've had just enough time..."


- "If I Die Young" The Band Perry


I see Beauty in many things. And like the ghosts that only speak to you if you notice them, they tell me wondrous tales. With my camera and my thoughts, I captured these as faithfully as I can to share with you. And by doing so, they gave me the reasons. And though the thousand reasons may not all be sweet and some indeed bitter; they are still reasons to live. Come to think about it, that is Life, isn't it?

Tuesday 28 February 2012

If You Don’t Know Me By Now.




I've had just enough time to...   meet a girl who looks like me. 


Taken in the Flower Festival of Kai Feng, China.



This girl is a lot like me. I’m not saying she looks anything like me. For she does not. For one thing, I’m male and she definitely is not. And I’ll never be able to balance myself in that high heel boot that rise up to her knee. And the thighs that held her up are smoother, silkier and fairer than my muscular trunks that are more practical than pretty. But mine serves me better in time of danger though I cannot remember when was the last I used them for that. Anyway…

Despite her auburn hair that falls below her shoulder, despite her arched eyebrow thinner than a brush stroke, despite her elegant manicured fingers ending in stunning red, despite her slender waist protected by a warrior’s belt (I can’t picture myself wearing that even in war!), despite the fact she is female and I’m definitely not!, I still maintained she is a lot like me. It is the way she stands.

Oh, don’t get me wrong. I can never strike as sexy a pose whatever I do, legs together or legs apart. Maybe I should explain myself better. Take another look at the picture. More carefully this time. Take in the details. Notice where she is facing. What she is doing. Where everyone’s else attention are. Do you get the picture now? That is how she is so similar to me.

Still don’t get it? Like the song said, “if you don’t know me by now, you’ll never never ever will”. And by the way, that is perfectly okay too. After all, I’m the odd guy out.

_______

All the things that we've been through
You should understand me like I understand you
Now girl I know the difference between right and wrong
I ain't gonna do nothing to break up our happy home

If you don't know me by now
You will never never never know me
- Seal







3 comments:

  1. This was taken in the flower festival in Kai Feng China when I spotted this lady who behaves in a way I often behaves. Take a closer look at the picture and do you notice what is different about her from the crowd?

    ΞSSΞ®®Ξ
    wonderful text! well... you should have talked to her!!!
    WOW amazing the croud is the other way!!!

    ★ΞSSΞ®®Ξ and dodagp added this photo to their favorites.

    dodagp
    What a concept,Thou amazingly introducted !!!!
    She is femininely dressed my friend and almost facing your camera lens and that makes quite a big difference ! Nevertheless,still I don't know who is photographing who ..
    You are totally ingenious ...
    Of course,all in the eye of the beholder,Thou ...
    Trying desperately to puzzle it out.Any help ?

    ★henrhyde added this photo to her favorites.
    Strange --are you tricking us ??
    Very clever image and words.

    Kathy_9
    I wonder if she has a Flickr account and if she posted a picture of you taking a picture of her? That would be pretty funny. :-)

    brdonovan (
    wherever you go...there you are

    ★brdonovan and i_still_believe_in_u added this photo to their favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No_budgεt
    Very well seen and thought !!! You found the one that differs from the crowd and has similar interests as you !!!

    ★ineedathis added this photo to his favorites.

    ineedathis
    Excellent capture! thanks for the visit:-)

    ★lichtbildung added this photo to his favorites.
    lichtbildung
    Great candid portrait!!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...