"The sharp knife of a short life

I've had just enough time..."


- "If I Die Young" The Band Perry


I see Beauty in many things. And like the ghosts that only speak to you if you notice them, they tell me wondrous tales. With my camera and my thoughts, I captured these as faithfully as I can to share with you. And by doing so, they gave me the reasons. And though the thousand reasons may not all be sweet and some indeed bitter; they are still reasons to live. Come to think about it, that is Life, isn't it?

Tuesday 20 December 2011

Beauty In Ordinary Places.




I've had just enough time to...   look for Beauty in ordinary places.


Taken as I casually pass by a drain in the built-up city of Kunshan, China.



You can find Beauty in many places if you look for it. There is some Beauty that you cannot ignore, like the crimson glow of a setting sun or the moon’s radiance on a dark night. But there are other Beauties that you have to train your eyes for.

But first you must look. Not just at the steps in front of you or the ones you left behind. Or the destination you are hurrying to. Look around you casually, be aware of your surroundings, absorb the environment, feel the air, take in the atmosphere, listen to the sounds of life and as if by magic, things hidden gradually appear. At first tentatively, then bursting forth in their full glory.

Beauties reveal themselves to those for look for them. Like this wild flower by a ditch did in the fading light of the city of Kunshan which I just happened to pass by. To the hundreds of passer-bys, it reveals itself to me because I was looking for it. I may not know what I was looking for but I will recognize it when I see it.




1 comment:

  1. Kathy_9
    Great find and you have an eye for capturing beauty.

    ΞSSΞ®®Ξ added this photo to his favorites.
    very beautful soft colors indeed!

    brdonovan
    great vision you have :)

    brdonovan, i_still_believe_in_u, and garageismi added this photo to their favorites.

    martakowalkowska
    I saw this beautiful photo in "Nature of the World Unlimited " group.

    puthoOr photOgraphy added this photo to his favorites.
    Fabulos image, adorable indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...