"The sharp knife of a short life

I've had just enough time..."


- "If I Die Young" The Band Perry


I see Beauty in many things. And like the ghosts that only speak to you if you notice them, they tell me wondrous tales. With my camera and my thoughts, I captured these as faithfully as I can to share with you. And by doing so, they gave me the reasons. And though the thousand reasons may not all be sweet and some indeed bitter; they are still reasons to live. Come to think about it, that is Life, isn't it?

Sunday 18 December 2011

Charity Is For The Needy.




I've had just enough time to...   to do a little charity.


Taken of the broad back of a World Vision Volunteer in Lebanon.



I believe -

“The most important virtue of any religion is compassion,
Without which there is no reason for any religion.”


I also believe that charity is for the needy irrespective of race, nationality, religion, age, gender or any other artificial classification that defines and divides what a human being is. I like to see charity in action – not just in prayers and the building of temples but the building of hospitals and a helping hand in the dire hours of needs.

I like to form an emotional attachment so that I feel when I give. If I don’t feel sadness and joy in equal measure, there is something wrong with me. I like to see wounds being bandaged, hunger being satisfied, tears being wiped, spirits being lifted. In short, I like to see the effect of kindness more than sympathy per se. So I choose my charity carefully with the same principle which transcends beliefs, borders, organizations or religions. This is my belief and I try to live up to it.




2 comments:

  1. Triple Art
    Your photo is lonely outstanding – wonderful captured - thank you for sharing.

    A 1000 Reasons
    This was taken of the World Vision volunteer in Lebanon as he leads us to the refugee camp in Marjaryoun at the border with Israel. World Vision and Tzu Chi are two charitable organizations that I've a lot of respect for. For the good work that they do to relieve suffering and bring a little kindness to this sometimes difficult world.

    ho.ge
    Wonderful words, Thou-San!!!!!!!!!!
    ho.ge added this photo to her favorites.

    henrhyde
    Beautiful words --so, so true.
    Religion guides compassion--it is sad ,we cannot all have compassion --all the time.

    The world would be a great place --for all mankind.
    Great capture.
    ★ henrhyde added this photo to her favorites.

    ΞSSΞ®®Ξ
    Wonderful words and action of you. Only thing that persons like you are very very few in the world!

    ΞSSΞ®®Ξ, brdonovan, and i_still_believe_in_u added this photo to their favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...