"The sharp knife of a short life

I've had just enough time..."


- "If I Die Young" The Band Perry


I see Beauty in many things. And like the ghosts that only speak to you if you notice them, they tell me wondrous tales. With my camera and my thoughts, I captured these as faithfully as I can to share with you. And by doing so, they gave me the reasons. And though the thousand reasons may not all be sweet and some indeed bitter; they are still reasons to live. Come to think about it, that is Life, isn't it?

Thursday 22 December 2011

A Santarina Grants Me A Wish.




I've had just enough time to...   extract a wish from the Santarina.


Taken of the Santarina who is waiting to grant the wishes of her patrons.



On a day when I make wishes out of thin air,
A Santarina popped up in front of me,
Rubbing my eyes to see if there is a mistake,
For there she was in red, white, and flesh.

Hopping forward like a mischievous imp,
I plonked in front of her with a moonlike grin,
She had the Old Man’s eyes and her laugh was is a little odd
But I dismissed that for I am bought.

I rattled out my wishes longer than an airplane’s trail,
She noted it all down with a sip of ale.
And when I finally ran out of fuel, she remarked with a merry jingle
“What an impressive list,” and gave me a naughty twinkle.

 That was my happiest moment, superseded by the next,
When she coolly asked, “credit or cash?”
For I realized I had not departed for the North Pole
And the floor was still beneath my sole.

I gave her a smile and she smiled back.
Without a word, I turned and walked away.
She shouted after me “Merry Christmas!”
Without turning, I said “Merry Christmas to you too!”

And the people around me wondered who I was wishing to.




3 comments:

  1. hoOr photOgraphy added this photo to his favorites.
    WOW!
    Beautiful image!!! Splendid wok !!!
    Thank u and best wishes!!!

    henrhyde
    Fabulous words .
    Great image .
    ★henrhyde and ΞSSΞ®®Ξ added this photo to their favorites.

    ΞSSΞ®®Ξ
    really beautiful
    ★i_still_believe_in_u added this photo to their favorites.

    Kathy_9
    Merry Christmas to you to my friend - may all your wishes come true.

    ho.ge
    LOL!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ★ho.ge added this photo to her favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Christmas is different from other Christmas. I saw hope after 20 long years. A difficult journey is finally about to end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The open beta of Dungeons and Dragons-inspired MMORPG Neverwinter will finally come to its end on June 20, when the game will be officially launched! Cryptic Studios is running special End of Neverwinter Open Beta Events to commemorate the game's transition from beta to release build! Want to see what’s on, pick up neverwinter diamonds on safewow and join the events to improve your game chances in Neverwinter!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...